jk3 1.01 - i r cornfuzzed

Forum concernant ce jeu et les serveurs que j'héberge. (ce sous-forum remplace conseiljedi.com)
evan1715

jk3 1.01 - i r cornfuzzed

Post by evan1715 »

herro, gamall. haven't spoken in many moons.
i seem to be confused upon jk3 1.01 and the apparent ravensoft attempt to anti flood.

uh, ok i do a little bit of saber flood then i get this:
Warning: Too many info changes, last info ignored

is that ravensoft's attempt to prevent userinfo flood?
if it is, why do mods add extra anti flood... im just confused...
like say ur mod, u have anti flood, but why if there already is one?
is there a way to go around ravensoft's anti flood?
what is this message im getting? :ouin :slurp :quoi
Gamall
Hic sunt dracones

Re: jk3 1.01 - i r cornfuzzed

Post by Gamall »

evan1715 wrote:herro, gamall. haven't spoken in many moons.
Hello;

I haven't even thought of JKA in just as many moons, and don't have access to the game, so I'll have to admit I don't know the exact answer to your question. :D
evan1715 wrote:is that ravensoft's attempt to prevent userinfo flood?if it is, why do mods add extra anti flood...
If it is an attempt to prevent userinfo flood, it is not quite enough, which is why mods may add more restrictive limitations. I remember getting it when changing my name, or changing sabers (with /saber in JA+), but not when changing saber colors very fast :?

It wouldn't be the first time Raven made dodgy attempts to prevent things. For instance, in order to prevent people from brute-forcing the RCon password of a server, they put a 0.5 second delay between requests. All other queries are ignored.

While this effectively hampers brute-forcing, it made the RCon DoS possible: all an attacker has to do is spamming a server with bogus RCon queries, and then the admin is incapable of using her own RCon, because every 0.5 second comes the bogus request, after which the server becomes deaf for another 0.5 sec etc.

So they successfully replaced a very distant threat (brute-forcing is hardly a menace...) by a very effectively annoying one. (Luigi was able to make a patch for that)

But back on topic, I'm not sure this is really intended to be an anti-flood. There may be some technical reason behind it -- like the changes are stored in a fixed-size queue or something. I may look into it when I get back home, in about a month, but that issue hardly needs disturbing your sleep :haha
{<§ Gamall Wednesday Ida §>}
{ Mods and Programs - Mods TES-IV Oblivion }
evan1715

Post by evan1715 »

well i've freaking searched high and low for where they put this stupid "patch" ... the only thing that comes close is in the jampded.exe and that's only ^3Warning: %s ... but it's in red and not white... :oO
ive looking in all of the source code files, ive looked in hex on the cgame, ui and jampgame
there are like no other files ... so i dont know where it's coming from
u got it when u changed ur name? i got the annoying 5 second rule, "You may only change your name every 5 seconds."
*5 minutes later*... i searched for that message i cannot find it either, i know the location of it (clientuserinfochanged) but there is no message like that there... theres this line, trap_SendServerCommand( clientNum, va("print \"%s\n\"", G_GetStringEdString("MP_SVGAME", "NONAMECHANGE")) );
i assume "NONAMECHANGE" is the part where the message is but i searched that and it's not any where... it's like everything is invisible lol or im missing the obvious :super
Gamall
Hic sunt dracones

Post by Gamall »

evan1715 wrote:

Code: Select all

trap_SendServerCommand( clientNum, va("print \"%s\n\"", G_GetStringEdString("MP_SVGAME", "NONAMECHANGE")) ); 
i assume "NONAMECHANGE" is the part where the message is but i searched that and it's not any where... it's like everything is invisible lol or im missing the obvious :super
That might be because G_GetStringEdString, if I remember right, gets string values from the assets. So the string would be somewhere in the assets, along with the (localized) game messages.
{<§ Gamall Wednesday Ida §>}
{ Mods and Programs - Mods TES-IV Oblivion }
evan1715

Post by evan1715 »

oh wow.
i should of thought of that :P
do u happen to know what asset or what folder/file it is in?

EDIT:
nevermind, i have found it.
assets0.pk3\strings\English - mp_svgame.str
evan1715

Post by evan1715 »

ok, after searching for TOO_MANY_INFO in files, it's located in the jamp.exe lol... they put the "anti flood" in the jamp, idk why, some1 could edit that and enable themselves to flood